Wednesday, February 25, 2009

It's almost Derby season...

At Stockton's pack meeting tonight they announced that Pinewood Derby season is almost upon us once more. I'm excited because Maysen, Stockton and Jorja all wanted cars. Hmmm...let's see....I have no job and have a basement full of power tools. What could be better?




The last time I made a derby car for myself was for a no-rules adult derby a couple years back. I made a rocket powered car that was pretty sweet. You can check it out here.



The kids want to go with the Mario Kart theme this year. Here are some pictures that might give us some inspiration. I like the look of Mario's car below...


Stockton might go for the cheap-cheap chaser....



And I believe Jorja wants to make a Super Blooper...






In related news, Jorja and I played Mario Kart Wii again for Time With Dad today. That's Jorja on the top half of the screen playing as Yoshi in a Super Blooper. I'm Luigi on the bottom screen. I am trying to learn how to use the manual drift/turbo controls rather than the automatic, because learning them may be my one and only chance at beating Stockton. As a result, I played worse than ever, but Jorja was especially proud of this race.



WARNING: If you play this video, turn the sound down because it recorded VERY LOUDLY.



Nice job Porge!

No comments:

Post a Comment